If you believe that someone has gained unauthorized access to your TRACKS account, you should report this immediately to the Florida Tech Technlogy Support Center at (321) 674-7284.
To reset your password, proceed to Reset your TRACKS Account
To change an expired password, proceed to Expired Password Reset.
Changing your password
- Online Password System
- Goto https://tracks.fit.edu/tracks/passwd
- Enter your username and password
- Type in your new password, confirm it in the next field and click Submit
- On all unix systems using the TRACKs universal account system, simply type the passwd command to change your password.
Windows XP or Windows 7
- Press Ctrl, Alt, and Delete keys together
- Click on the "Change Password" button or "Change a password..."
- Type in your old password
- Type in your new password and confirm it in the next field.
- Click on OK or the right arrow button.
Account Lockout Requirements
A TRACKS password will expire after 120 days. When it expires the password will have to be changed. Also, TRACKS accounts will be locked for 10 minutes after 10 invalid login attempts.
Password Complexity Requirements
The password complexity standards are below:
- The password must be at least 8 characters in length.
- The password must not repeate any of your last 7 passwords.
- The password must contain at least 3 character classes:
- Upper Case Characters [A-Z]
- Lower Case Characters [a-z]
- Numeric Characters [0-9]
more password information in the policies section.
Other Problems with your Account
Report these problems to the Florida Institute of Technology, Technology Support Center online at http://support.fit.edu/tsc or by phone (321) 674-7284.