Tutorials and Training
Canvas Toolkit (NEW FOR FALL 2015!)
Work-Arounds & Solutions to Common Headaches
- For HELP from within Canvas, simply click the Help link. The Canvas Guides are excellent.
- Rather than a Folder structure, Canvas uses Modules. Modules are a good way to sequence the content in your course.
- Copying and pasting from PDFs removes formatting; it works better to copy from Word files to preserve formatting and links.
- Syllabus shortcut: Go to the Syllabus menu on the left, then click Edit Syllabus Description. There, copy and paste your syllabus from Word.
- The default grading scale cannot be set for all courses. If you don't use a grading scale, all scores will be numeric. If you want to convert scores into letters, you have to set up a grading scheme.
- Is Roll Call Attendance affecting your grades in Canvas when you wish it wouldn't? Try this easy fix.(last updated 10/14/2014)