COVID-19 IT Resources
- Forwarding of on-campus phones (Both Cisco and OptiStage)
- Checking voicemail from off campus
- Jabber install, connecting, basic use
- Using Zoom conferencing
- VPN FortiClient installation, configuration, basic use
- Mapping to network shares (S:\ & U:\ Drives)
- Connecting to and using staffrds.fit.edu from home PCs (no need for VPN)
- Checking e-mail from home over the web
- Guides for Faculty who need to put classes online
- Virtual PC Labs
Florida Tech uses a system called Regroup to deliver safety and emergency alert notifications university-wide.
The Department of Security uses Regroup to:
- Post alerts to the university’s homepage.
- Share alerts via the university's primary social media accounts.
- Communicate with the Florida Tech community directly via phone, text message and email.
Users can sign up for Regroup by entering their name and desired email address, and creating a password.
Regroup will then send a confirmation email that includes a link to verify your account.
Tips to manage Regroup notifications:
Users select how they would like the system to send notifications - emails, voice calls, and/or text messages. Multiple methods can be selected, ensuring multiple outlets for communication. Additionally, users should navigate to the Groups section and select a group to join.
Tips To Manage Regroup Account:
Users can update, add, or remove their contact information at any time. Multiple email addresses and phone numbers may be added to a Regroup account. Additionally, users can choose to delete their account.