About Information Technology
The Office of Information Technology provides academic, administrative and research computing support services for Florida Tech. The department consists of five areas of expertise: Administrative Applications, Infrastructure and Operations, Instructional Technology, Project Management, and Training and Asset Management.
The Office of Information Technology is located in Shaw Hall.
- Provides implementation and support services for Workday (Enterprise Resource Planning System) and Banner (Student Information System)
- Supports critical systems needed by various administrative departments and academic colleges
Infrastructure and Operations
The Infrastructure and Operations experts consist of Technology Support, Event Technology, and Enterprise Systems and Network Communications.
Technology Support provides technology assistance for campus offices, conference rooms, labs, and classrooms. We assist with the design and integration of all computer systems and classroom technologies. From password resets to troubleshooting office and classroom computer systems, we provide support on a wide range of technological needs that enhance the teaching and learning process. We are integrally involved in all aspects of campus technology, including:
- Providing first level support for faculty, staff, and students
- Call center, field technicians, and desktop repair and replacement operations
- Providing an Urgent Response Team to quickly respond with assistance to failed classroom equipment
- Overseeing university-wide centralized software licensing
- Coordinating and negotiating software licensing held by various departments
- Operating six instructional computing labs and overseeing technology for 100+ classrooms and learning spaces
- Managing Applied Computing Center located within the Evans Library
- Full-service computing facility offering productivity software and services, along with specialized software needed by each academic college or department
- Oversees the video & media production services
- Manages production studio to assist with the development of video-based material for campus-based courses and online curriculum
- Provides video streaming services for both live and previously recorded material to off campus constituents
Enterprise Systems and Network Communications
- Responsible for the support of university critical systems, applications, and data-center operations
- Operates the community high performance computing system, as well as provides assistance with the design and support of department-specific research computing (upon request)
- Manages local and offsite data backup, offsite systems, and failover data recovery in case of disaster
- Responsible for engineering and installation of university-wide data and communications, overseeing the university local and wide area networks
- Provides support for academic, administrative, and research-focused initiatives
- Manages Florida Tech's ecosystem of academic applications, including Canvas, Zoom, Panopto, Turnitin, and more
- Offers workshops to support effective use of teaching tools in accordance with best practices, policies, and regulations
- Coordinates technical support resources and documentation for supported tools
- Collaborates with faculty and academic leadership to find or develop solutions as teaching needs and technologies evolve
- Provides expertise in pedagogy, instructional design, and academic technologies to the university at large
Project Management is a new addition to the Office of Information Technology.
- Manages both large and small projects
- Supports a variety of constituents across Florida Tech to achieve university initiatives
Training and Asset Management
Training and Asset Management is a new addition to the Office of Information Technology.
- Develops and delivers IT training for new employees
- Ensures employees have the technology equipment needed to function successfully in their role