Virtual Labs is Florida Tech’s implementation of Amazon AppStream 2.0, which allows users to access a variety of classroom desktop applications using a modern web browser.
Virtual Labs Requirements
- TRACKS login username and password
- Web browser supporting HTML5
- Broadband internet connection with at least 2 Mbps capability
Access Virtual Labs
AppStream is a virtual Microsoft Windows desktop. You can either launch a specific application directly or launch the desktop and then open the applications through the start menu.
To sign in, users need to login with @fit.edu and not @my.fit.edu in order to authenticate.
The load time is approximately 2 minutes.
When you are done with your session, please disconnect using the person icon found on the top right hand corner of AppStream instead of closing your browser.
Save Your Data
The virtual lab computer will not save any of your data. Please use U-Drive (U:\) or OneDrive to save your files.
Instructions for U-Drive and OneDrive connection:
- U-Drive (U:\) will automatically connect and can be found in Windows file explorer.
- OneDrive can be connected using the AppStream folder icon found on the top task bar. When the MyFiles window opens, select add storage and choose @fltech.onmicrosoft.com from the dropdown menu. Connect using your Tracks account credentials. Once successfully connected, OneDrive will appear in windows file explorer.
Connect to Virtual Labs
Please click one of the links below that corresponds with the software you need.
- IBM SPSS
- Labview 2019
- Matlab 2020a
- NLOGIT 5
- Oakdale Engineering DataFit
- Quartus Prime
- R 3.6.3
- Scottsdale Steel Systems
- Structure Point
- Advanced Aircraft Analysis (DARCorp)
- ANSYS Suite
- Aspen Plus
- AutoDesk Suite
- COMSOL Multiphysics
- Corona SDK
- ERDAS Intergraph
- PTC Creo
- Siemens NX CAD