IPad Apps For The Classroom And Beyond!
- iPads and training have been provided for select teachers participating in the iPad Pilot Program.
- Outside the pilot program, iPad Apps can be useful for teachers, staff, and students alike.
- This page showcases useful apps reviewed by Information Technology's teaching specialists.
- Apps are available for purchase/download from the Apple App store, and many are useful in an educational setting.
Tutorials and Training
- iPad Everyone Can Create Program Guides are available for free download for all iPad users. Guides provide instruction on using native iPad apps to communicate ideas through drawing, music, video and photos..
Users can create a free account at the Apple Teacher Learning Center: https://appleteacher.apple.com/#/auth/sign-up and download the guides.
iMovie and Panopto in iOS
How to successfully connect (and disconnect) to the Apple TVs
- Handout - Some rooms on campus have Apple TVs available. This guide will help you connect to them. -
- Find out if the room you are teaching in has an Apple TV available.
How to use AirDrop
- Some iOS devices (iPhone 5 or later, iPad (4th gen), iPad mini, iPod touch (5th gen)) let you share photos, videos, websites, locations and more with other nearby iOS 7(or higher) devices. Apple AirDrop explains it here in simple terms.
How to setup iCloud
- Apple explains how to setup iCloud on your devices. This is for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, and for Windows PC.
Display your iPad mini in the classroom with a Lightning to VGA adapter
- This is a link to the Lightning to VGA adapter which is being sold by Apple.
Link to Apple wireless keyboard
- This is a link to the bluetooth keyboard which is being sold by Apple.
- Video of SimpleMind+ in use - SimpleMind+ is an amazing mind mapping application that is helpful for brainstorming ideas, preparing presentations, and general mind mapping. This is an excellent tool for us non-linear thinkers and it is FREE!
- SimpleMind+ in the Apple App Store
- Video of Markup in use - Markup lets you grade submitted assignments with your finger or stylus. Instead of keeping track of a large stack of paper, use your iPad. This app costs $1.99 and could possibly be worth 100x that.
- Markup in the Apple App Store
GarageBand in iOS
- How to use GarageBand in iOS workshop recording