Canvas supports third party apps. These apps facilitate communicating course, user, and [sometimes] grade information between systems. Apps may be set up by instructors on a course-by-course basis, or, when approved, they can be set up globally by the Canvas administrator. The following apps are currently configured to use in Canvas. They can be used through Canvas with no/minimal setup. If your favorite app isn't listed below, please contact Eric Donath (email@example.com) to see if it can be added to Canvas.
General-Use Canvas Apps
- Academic Writer, APA Style - composing research papers in APA Style
- EvaluationKIT - online course evaluations
- Google Drive - document sharing
- Microsoft Office 365 - document sharing
- Panopto Recordings - lecture capture & video hosting
- PlayPosit - embed quiz questions in online videos
- Turnitin - plagiarism detection
- Zoom - video & web conferencing
Publisher Content & Digital Tools
Many textbook publishers provide online content that works with Canvas. Ask your textbook publisher if they have a "Canvas App" or "LTI" to get started.
- Cengage Learning MindLinks
- Hawkes Learning
- Macmillan Learning
- McGraw Hill Campus
- McGraw-Hill Connect
- Pearson MyLab and Mastering
- W. W. Norton InQuizitive
This document pertains to courses under https://fit.instructure.com.